Not a fan of avocado? Try fava beans in your next guacamole!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 cups fava beans (shelled)
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 small red onion (minced)
- 1 small jalapeno (minced)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- blue corn chips (for serving)
- crudite (carrots, celery, radish, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, for serving)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 1 tablespoon of salt. Set up an ice water bath nearby. Shuck the fava beans and blanch in the boiling water for 2 minutes; drain and transfer to the ice bath to cool. Drain the beans again and peel off the tough skins.
- In a food processor, combine the blanched fava beans, lime juice, olive oil, cumin and Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Puree until smooth. Remove to a medium bowl and fold in the red onion, jalapeno. Adjust the seasoning and serve with blue corn chips and crudite.
- Tip: Make the fava guacamole ahead and store it in an airtight container in your refrigerator until ready to use!
Similar categories: Appetizers, Starters & Snacks
rate this recipe
Skillet-Roasted Lemon Chicken
Chaufa: Peruvian Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng)
Greek and Italian-Inspired Stuffed Peppers
Asian-Stuffed Mushrooms with Thai Peanut Butter Sauce
Jerk Chicken Skewers
Sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresco with Basil Simple Syrup
Strawberry Lemonade Cake
Strawberry, Vanilla, and Cookie Dough Milkshake
Amaretto and Chocolate Chip Milkshake
Pepper Steak with Broccoli Stem Salad