Fennel and Peppercorn Spiced Chocolates
A tasty twist on your typical chocolate!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns (cracked)
- 2 tablespoons pink peppercorns (cracked)
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 and 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (plus 1 tablespoon, melted)
- flaky sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium saute pan over medium heat, add the sugar and water and bring to a simmer. Cook until the sugar dissolves, about 1 minute. Stir in the cracked black and pink peppercorns and fennel seeds and cook until seeds have crystallized, about 3-4 minutes. Remove to prepared baking sheet and allow to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, finely chop the peppercorns and seeds and divide mixture in half. Set aside.
- For the Chocolates:
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1-2 inches of water to a boil. Place a large heatproof mixing bowl on top of the water, and add the chocolate to the bowl. Stir continuously until the chocolate has melted, about 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle a few flakes of flaky sea salt into the bottom of each ice cube mold.
- Once the chocolate has melted, remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the coconut oil. Add half of the candied peppercorn and seed mixture, stirring to combine. Carefully pour chocolate into a silicone ice cube tray, filling all 15 ice cube molds and transfer to the refrigerator to chill and harden completely, about 1 hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator, invert the ice cube tray and carefully pop the chocolates out of the mold. Garnish the top of each chocolate with the remaining peppercorn and seed mixture and more flaky sea salt if desired and serve!
- Tip: Stir the infused simple syrup into an iced tea for a sweet and spicy beverage!
rate this recipe
Chaufa: Peruvian Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng)
Greek and Italian-Inspired Stuffed Peppers
Skillet-Roasted Lemon Chicken
Asian-Stuffed Mushrooms with Thai Peanut Butter Sauce
Jerk Chicken Skewers
Sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresco with Basil Simple Syrup
Strawberry Lemonade Cake
Strawberry, Vanilla, and Cookie Dough Milkshake
Amaretto and Chocolate Chip Milkshake
Pepper Steak with Broccoli Stem Salad