Guilty pleasure to the max!
- step-by-step directions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (freshly grated)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- 1/2 cup pecorino cheese (finely grated)
- 1/4 cup mascarpone
- 1 cup cheese puffs (crushed)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook rigatoni two minutes less than package instructions indicate. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of pasta water.
- Place the garlic cloves in the center of a large piece of aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap the cloves in the foil and transfer to the oven. Roast until garlic has caramelized and is tender, about 40-50 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, squeeze the cloves out of the skin and smash the cloves.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add the heavy cream, garlic, nutmeg and season with salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to medium-low and allow to cook until reduced by half, about 10-15 minutes. Add the Parmesan, pecorino, and mascarpone cheeses and whisk until melted. Add the cooked rigatoni and the reserved pasta water to the pan and toss to combine. Divide the rigatoni evenly amongst the bowls and garnish with the crushed cheese puffs. Serve immediately.
- Tip: For a little bit of heat, add red chili flakes to the garlic and butter in the saute pan!
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa