Whip up this classic Mardi Gras cocktail for your next party!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce pomegranate juice
- 1/2 ounce grenadine
- 1 egg white
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- 1 ounce club soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- In a cocktail shaker, add the gin, simple syrup, lemon juice, lime juice, pomegranate juice, grenadine, egg white, and heavy cream shake vigorously to combine. Add ice to the shaker and shake again for at least a couple of minutes (more if you have some friends to help!) Strain into a highball glass and top with club soda.
- For the Simple Syrup: in a small saucepan, add the sugar and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and allow the sugar to dissolve, about 7-9 minutes. Allow to cool and refrigerate.
- Original instructions from the recipe tell us that the cocktail should be shaken for 12 minutes, causing a bartender relay!
- Make the simple syrup ahead of time. Keep on hand for other cocktails!
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa