Gluten free meatballs that taste just as delicious!
- step-by-step directions
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic (peeled, grated)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (leaves only, finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon basil (leaves only, finely chopped)
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup store-bought, gluten-free marinara sauce (warmed, for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment, add the oats and pulse briefly until roughly chopped. Remove oats to a medium bowl and cover with milk. Add the egg, salt, garlic, parsley, basil and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, add ground beef, ground pork and combine thoroughly with hands. Add the oat mixture to the meat mixture and incorporate thoroughly.
- Using a 1 and 1/2-inch scoop, form meatballs and place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 15 - 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before eating.
- Serve with warmed store-bought tomato sauce.
- Tip: Make a large batch at one time and freeze to have meatballs on hand for any occasion!
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa