Grilled Hot dog with Corn Relish and Pickled Red Onion
The best hot dog on the block!
- step-by-step directions
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 red finger chile (minced)
Grilled Hot dog:
- canola oil (for greasing)
- 4 hotdogs
- 4 hotdog buns (warmed)
- corn relish (to serve, recipe above)
- pickled red onions (to serve)(http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/carla-hall-pickled-red-onions)
- For the Corn Relish: Bring the vinegar, sugar, water, mustard seeds, mustard powder, turmeric, salt, pepper, and 3/4 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add the corn, pepper, onion, and chile. Boil, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Divide among jars and can properly or seal and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
- For the Hot Dogs: Heat a grill of grill pan over medium-high heat. Add hot dogs and cook until charred and warmed through, about 2-3 minutes per side. To serve, transfer hot dogs to the warmed hot dog buns and top with corn relish and pickled red onions.
- Tip: Use the corn relish to jazz up a burger or a slice of pizza!
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa