Grilled Peach Frozen Yogurt Sundae
A summer dessert everyone will love!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 peaches (skin-on, pits removed, cut into 1/2-inch wedges)
- oil (to drizzle)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds (skin-on, unsalted)
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 pint unsweetened frozen yogurt
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1 recipe grilled peaches (recipe above, to serve)
- oat crumble (recipe above, to serve)
- For the Grilled Peaches: Heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. Add peach wedges to skewers, drizzle with olive oil, and place on grill. Grill until charred, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from grill and set aside.
- For the Oat Crumble: Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In the carafe of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment, add the oats and almonds, and pulse until roughly chopped. Add in the light brown sugar, granulated sugar, flour, softened butter, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, and salt. Pulse until just combined. Transfer to a baking sheet and spread out evenly. Bake until crisp, about 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- For the Frozen Yogurt: In the carafe of a blender, add the frozen yogurt, peach preserves, and blend until smooth, about 2 minutes. Remove the yogurt mixture to a loaf pan and freeze for 1-2 hours until solid but able to scoop. Divide yogurt evenly amongst 4 bowls, top with grilled peaches and oat crumble, and serve immediately!
- Tip: If your peach preserves is on the sweet side, stir in a little lemon zest to the frozen yogurt cut the sweetness!
rate this recipe
Chaufa: Peruvian Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng)
Greek and Italian-Inspired Stuffed Peppers
Skillet-Roasted Lemon Chicken
Asian-Stuffed Mushrooms with Thai Peanut Butter Sauce
Jerk Chicken Skewers
Sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresco with Basil Simple Syrup
Strawberry Lemonade Cake
Strawberry, Vanilla, and Cookie Dough Milkshake
Amaretto and Chocolate Chip Milkshake
Pepper Steak with Broccoli Stem Salad