Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
A tasty treat!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 cups corn kernels, cooked and pureed in a food processor
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole corn kernels
- 2/3 cup yellow corn meal
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 ripe avocados (pits removed, scooped into a bowl)
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 and 1/2 limes (halved, juiced)
- 1/2 large onion (peeled, minced)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled, smashed, minced)
- 3/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper (seeded, minced)
- 2 plum tomatoes (seeded, chopped)
- For the Corn Cakes: In a large bowl, add the corn puree and heavy cream, and stir to combine. Add the whole corn kernels, stir to incorporate, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the yellow corn meal, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Add flour mixture into the corn puree mixture, stirring to combine. Add eggs and butter stirring to incorporate.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat with oil(ASK- CANOLA? EVOO?). Working in batches, add heaping tablespoons of corn mixture and cook until lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- For the Guacamole: In a medium bowl add the avocados, salt, lime juice, onion, garlic, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper. Mix to combine smashing avocados as you combine until mixture is smooth but still chunky. Add tomatoes and stir until just combined.
- Serve corn cakes with a dollop of the guacamole.
rate this recipe
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa
Turkey Chili Burger
Crispy Beet Sliders
Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Burger