Hibiscus and Elderflower Mocktail
A tasty drink everyone will love!
- step-by-step directions
Hibiscus-Elderflower Simple Syrup:
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 bags hibiscus tea
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried elderflowers
- 2 tablespoons Hibiscus-Elderflower simple syrup
- soda water (to top)
- 1 orange slice (to garnish)
- 3 raspberries (to garnish)
- For the Hibiscus-Elderflower Simple Syrup: In a small saucepan bring the water to a boil. Once boiling add tea bags, pushing down to submerge, cover with a lid and remove from heat to let steep, about 10 minutes. Once fragrant discard tea bags, bring pot back to a simmer, add sugar and cook until sugar dissolves. Once dissolved add dried elderflowers, strain elderflowers and set aside to cool.
- For the Mocktail: Add hibiscus simple syrup to a glass filled with ice and top with soda water. Place one raspberry on a toothpick followed by one end of the orange and another raspberry. Thread the other side of the orange slice on a toothpick, bookending it with a raspberry, add to drink and serve.
- Tip: Keep extra Hibiscus-Elderflower syrup in an airtight container for another use for your favorite cocktail or mocktail.
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa