Hibiscus and Elderflower Mocktail
A tasty drink everyone will love!
- step-by-step directions
Hibiscus-Elderflower Simple Syrup:
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 bags hibiscus tea
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried elderflowers
- 2 tablespoons Hibiscus-Elderflower simple syrup
- soda water (to top)
- 1 orange slice (to garnish)
- 3 raspberries (to garnish)
- For the Hibiscus-Elderflower Simple Syrup: In a small saucepan bring the water to a boil. Once boiling add tea bags, pushing down to submerge, cover with a lid and remove from heat to let steep, about 10 minutes. Once fragrant discard tea bags, bring pot back to a simmer, add sugar and cook until sugar dissolves. Once dissolved add dried elderflowers, strain elderflowers and set aside to cool.
- For the Mocktail: Add hibiscus simple syrup to a glass filled with ice and top with soda water. Place one raspberry on a toothpick followed by one end of the orange and another raspberry. Thread the other side of the orange slice on a toothpick, bookending it with a raspberry, add to drink and serve.
- Tip: Keep extra Hibiscus-Elderflower syrup in an airtight container for another use for your favorite cocktail or mocktail.
rate this recipe
Skillet-Roasted Lemon Chicken
Chaufa: Peruvian Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng)
Greek and Italian-Inspired Stuffed Peppers
Asian-Stuffed Mushrooms with Thai Peanut Butter Sauce
Jerk Chicken Skewers
Sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresco with Basil Simple Syrup
Strawberry Lemonade Cake
Strawberry, Vanilla, and Cookie Dough Milkshake
Amaretto and Chocolate Chip Milkshake
Pepper Steak with Broccoli Stem Salad