Jam & Gin
Tasty and pretty!
- step-by-step directions
Strawberry Rhubarb Jam:
- 1 quart fresh strawberries (hulled)
- 1/2 pound rhubarb (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 lemon (zested, juiced)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
Jam & Gin:
- 2 tablespoons strawberry rhubarb jam (recipe above, divided)
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 lime (1/2 juiced, 1/2 cut into rounds)
- lemon lime soda (to finish)
- For the Strawberry Rhubarb Jam: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, honey, water, lemon zest and juice, salt, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Continue to cook until the jam has thickened and slightly reduced, about 1 hour. Remove from heat and allow cool completely.
- For the Jam & Gin: In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add 1 tablespoon of jam, gin, and lime juice. Cover and shake vigorously until chilled. Pour into a highball glass filled with ice and top with a splash of lemon lime soda. Dollop a spoonful of jam on top and stir into the cocktail. Garnish with a lime round and serve!
- Tip: Try this recipe with your favorite jam to give it your own twist!
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa