Lemon Bundt Cake
Make a legendary bundt cake just like the legendary Darlene Love!
- step-by-step directions
Lemon Bundt Cake
- nonstick cooking spray with flour
- 1 stick butter (softened to room temperature)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- 3 ounce box lemon gelatin
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 1/2 stick butter (melted)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- edible silver glitter and stars (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray Bundt pan with nonstick spray.
- In a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add butter and sugar and cream until pale yellow.
- Add the eggs one at a time until incorporated. Add the vanilla, oil, lemon juice and apricot nectar, and mix until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour and baking powder. With the standing mixer on low, add dry ingredients. Mix for 30 seconds. Add lemon gelatin and mix just to combine.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Place in oven and immediately reduce oven temperature to 325ºF. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Let cake cool completely in the pan, about 20 minutes.
- Loosen sides, turn pan onto cake plate.
- For Icing: in a large bowl, add the butter and lemon juice and whisk to combine. Add powdered sugar and whisk until smooth and to desired consistency.
- Drizzle icing over cooled cake. Decorate with edible glitter and stars.
rate this recipe
Pan-Roasted Ribeye with Radishes
Grilled Hot dog with Corn Relish and Pickled Red Onion
Summertime Ambrosia Salad
Baked Brie Bread
Grilled Pork Medallions with Plum Sauce
Grilled Peach Frozen Yogurt Sundae
Pina Colada Pie
Cajun Salmon with Red Beans and Rice
Pork Medallions with Marsala Pan Sauce
Sheet Pan Greek Chicken Salad
Chocolate Pancake Roll