Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes
These are almost too cute to eat!
- step-by-step directions
Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcake:
- 1 15-ounce box vanilla cake mix (prepared according to package, our mix used 9 tablespoons butter, 3 eggs, 6 tbsp. milk and 6 tbsp. Greek yogurt)
- 1 3.4-ounce box vanilla pudding mix
- 1 lemon (half zested, whole juiced)
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeeds
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 lemon (zested)
- edible flowers (to garnish)
- For Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes: Preheat the oven to the temperature specified on the cake mix package.
- Line 2 12-cup muffin tins with paper cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix and the pudding mix. Make the batter according to the directions on the cake mix package, then add the lemon zest, lemon juice and poppy seeds and stir until just blended. Divide the mixture between the prepared muffin tins and bake for 15 - 17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cook completely before frosting.
- For Vanilla Buttercream Icing: In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream the butter. Add the sugar, cream, and salt and beat until the mixture is smooth and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add lemon zest and stir to combine.
- Once cooled, frost with the buttercream and garnish with lemon zest or edible flowers.
- Tip: Get creative! Add melted chocolate or espresso powder to your buttercream for different flavor combinations.
- ***Note: This recipe called for butter, Greek yogurt, water, eggs and milk according to cake mix box instructions. Please add cake mix ingredients according to package directions.
Similar categories: Cakes Muffins, Scones, Coffee Cakes & Other Sweet Breads Desserts
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa