Lobster Mac & Cheese
The best of both worlds!
- step-by-step directions
Lobster Mac & Cheese
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (plus additional for greasing)
- 1 pound cavatappi pasta
- 4 cups cooked lobster meat (picked through for shells, large dice)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups lobster stock
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 cups processed cheddar cheese (cubed0
- 2 cups gruyere cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon (leaves only, finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons dijon
- 2 tablespoons tarragon (chopped)
- hot sauce (to taste)
- panko bread crumbs (for topping)
- paprika (for topping)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven 350ºF. Grease or spray an 11X13-inch baking dish with butter and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- In a medium pot, add the butter and place over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk to form a paste. Add the lobster stock and milk, whisking constantly until smooth. Bring to a simmer and allow to thicken, about 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and a few dashes of hot sauces.
- Add the cheddar processed cheese, gruyere, mascarpone and whisk until melted and smooth. Stir in Dijon, tarragon, and season with additional salt, pepper and hot sauce if necessary. Add the pasta and stir to combine. Add the lobster and gently fold to combine, being careful not to break up the pieces. Remove to the casserole dish and top with evenly with bread crumbs. Sprinkle with paprika and bake, uncovered for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly. Remove from the oven and allow to stand a couple minutes before serving.
- Tip: If your local market doesn't carry lobster stock, use seafood stock and simmer with reserved lobster shells from cooking the lobster for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Strain the stock and use in the dish.
rate this recipe
Giant Donut Cake
30 Layer Rainbow Crepe Cake
Corn Fritters with Spicy Honey
Craig T. Nelson's Chicken Burritos
Cantaloupe Agua Fresca
Pan-Roasted Ribeye with Radishes
Grilled Hot dog with Corn Relish and Pickled Red Onion
Summertime Ambrosia Salad
Baked Brie Bread
Grilled Pork Medallions with Plum Sauce
Grilled Peach Frozen Yogurt Sundae