Mashed Potato Dip
Take those leftover mashed potatoes and turn them into a delicious dip!
- step-by-step directions
Mashed Potato Dip
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup deli ham (diced)
- 1/4 cup peas (leftover, or frozen and thawed)
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons scallions
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter (cut into small pieces)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- butter crackers (to serve)
- radishes (to serve)
- celery sticks (to serve)
- carrot sticks (to serve)
- Preheat oven to broil.
- To a microwave-safe bowl, add the mashed potatoes. Microwave until hot, about 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the hot mashed potatoes, mayonnaise and sour cream, and mix until smooth. Add the ham, peas, pepper Jack cheese, scallions and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Transfer mashed potato mixture to a baking dish. Top with panko breadcrumbs and a few pats of butter. Place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes, until golden brown
- Serve with radishes, celery, carrots and butter crackers.
- Use your leftover mashed potatoes and leftover sides to make your own dip!
- If you have extra time, simply combine cold mashed potatoes and remaining ingredients. Bake at 350ºF until golden-brown.
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa