Serve up this Italian comfort food for your next dinner ASAP!
- step-by-step directions
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound sweet Italian turkey sausage (removed from casing)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 24 ounces Marinara sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 12 ounces ziti
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook ziti to al dente, according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, preheat a large saucepan over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Add the turkey and sausage, season with salt and pepper and cook until well browned. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the marinara sauce and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir Ricotta and Mozzarella into the cooked pasta. Stir in pasta mixture into lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Top with sauce and gently mix to combine. Top with Parmesan cheese & sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes and then serve.
Similar categories: Ingredients Pasta Ziti Courses & Meals Dinner Pizza & Pasta Holidays & Occasions Valentine's Day Cuisine Italian
rate this recipe
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat