Mediterranean Wraps with Garden Pesto
Try out Misty Copeland's tasty Mediterranean Wraps!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 clove garlic (peeled)
- 1/3 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups well-packed fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 low-carb flour tortillas
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella (sliced into 8 thin slices)
- 2 Roma tomatoes (sliced into 8 thin slices)
- 1/2 cup arugula
- For the Garden Pesto: In a blender or food processor, blend the garlic, walnuts, cheese, basil, and salt.
- Slowly pour in the oil as you pulse the ingredients until they combine into a paste. Add a little more oil, if necessary, to make a smooth paste. Transfer to a bowl.
- For the Wraps: Spread each tortilla with about 6 tablespoons of the pesto. Top with 2 slices of cheese, 2 slices of tomato, and a few leaves of arugula. Roll each tortilla tightly into a wrap and serve.
- Refrigerate any leftover pesto for up to 3 days.
- Tip: Use this pesto in your favorite pasta!
rate this recipe
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa
Turkey Chili Burger
Crispy Beet Sliders