Mexican Chocolate Sweet Potato Milkshake
A delicious twist on a classic milkshake!
- step-by-step directions
Mexican Chocolate Sauce:
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (plus additional to garnish)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- 1 medium sweet potato (roasted, skin removed and discarded)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup Mexican chocolate sauce
- For the Chocolate Sauce: Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the cream and milk and bring to a simmer. Add chocolate and whisk to combine. Remove from the heat, add butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, cayenne and a pinch of salt. Allow to cool.
- For the Milkshake: Place two glasses in the freezer. In the bowl of a food processor add the flesh of the sweet potato and puree until extremely smooth.
- In the carafe of a blender add sweet potato, milk and ice cream and blend until smooth. Drizzle the chocolate syrup along the sides of the glasses. Divide milkshake between glasses and garnish with additional dusted cinnamon.
- Tip: Keep extra chocolate sauce in an airtight container and store for up to one week!
Similar categories: Frozen Desserts
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa