Mind Blowing Turkey Wings
These wings are called mind blowing for a reason. Make them tonight and taste for yourself!
- step-by-step directions
Mind Blowing Turkey Wings
- 6-7 turkey wings (tips removed, separated at the joint)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (divided)
- 1 medium carrot (chopped 1/4-inch pieces)
- 1 medium onion (chopped into 1/2-inch dice)
- 1 stalk celery (chopped 1/4-inch slices)
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups Basic Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock (or water)
- parsley (chopped for garnish)
- scallions (thinly sliced for garnish)
- hot sauce (to taste)
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Season turkey wings with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste).
- In a Dutch oven add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the wings and cook until browned on all sides, about 10-12 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the carrot, onion, celery and thyme leaves and season with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook until golden brown and slightly tender, about 8-10 minutes. Add white wine and deglaze by scraping browned bits from the bottom of the pan, allow to reduce for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Place wings back into the pan, cover and place in the oven. Cook for 1 hour until meat is tender and almost falling off the bone. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- For the Rub: in a large bowl, add the ancho chili powder, rosemary, thyme and oregano. Add the wings and toss to coat.
- Meanwhile preheat a large nonstick saute pan over medium high heat. Add remaining two tablespoons of olive oil. Spread the rub over the wings and season with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add wings to the pan and sear on all sides until browned and crispy, about 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped parsley, scallions, and hot sauce. Serve with sauce on the side.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chicken & Poultry Turkey Vegetables Carrots Courses & Meals Dinner Holidays & Occasions Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Turkey
rate this recipe
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat