Mini Cherry Pies with Red Plum Jam
These mini cherry pies are the perfect size to serve your guests!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 bag frozen sweet cherries (thawed, 12 ounces)
- 1/2 cup red plum jam
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 6 mason jar lids and rings (16-ounce mason jar lids)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- For the Filling: In a large bowl, mix the cherries, jam, lemon juice and zest until combined.
- For Crust: Roll out the pie crust on a floured surface to 1/4-inch thick. Using the mason jar ring as a guide, to make the bottom of the pie crust, cut a circle 1-inch larger than the canning ring itself. Repeat this until you have 6 pie crust circles.
- For Assembly: Use a canning lid to cut out the tops of the pie crust. Repeat this until you have 6 tops and score each top by making 3 slits in the center of each dough top.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and place the lids fitted with their rings, with the rubber seal facing down. Place the pie crust bottoms inside the lids, pressing the dough up the sides. Spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of filling into each lid, cover with a top crust folding over bottom crust and using a fork, gently crimp the edges together. Place in freezer for 30 minutes before baking.
- Brush the tops of each pie with egg wash and sprinkle the tops with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Tip: Use a piece of parchment paper or paper towel to make a pastry brush. Fold into a rectangle, cut bristles using scissors, dip into egg wash and brush.
rate this recipe
Chaufa: Peruvian Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng)
Greek and Italian-Inspired Stuffed Peppers
Skillet-Roasted Lemon Chicken
Asian-Stuffed Mushrooms with Thai Peanut Butter Sauce
Jerk Chicken Skewers
Sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresco with Basil Simple Syrup
Strawberry Lemonade Cake
Strawberry, Vanilla, and Cookie Dough Milkshake
Amaretto and Chocolate Chip Milkshake
Pepper Steak with Broccoli Stem Salad