Mini Chicken Pot Pie
These Mini Chicken Pot Pies are almost too cute to eat!
- step-by-step directions
Mini Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken thighs (boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled, minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound Idaho potatoes (small dice)
- 1/2 pound carrots (peeled, small dice)
- 1 medium yellow onion (peeled, small dice)
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 1 bundle fresh thyme (tied with butchers twine)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons tarragon (chopped)
- 1 lemon (zested)
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 large egg (beaten with 1 tablespoon of heavy cream)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and add them to the pan in an even layer. Cook the chicken until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add the potatoes, carrots, onions, bay leaf, and thyme and cook while stirring occasionally until the chicken is cooked through, the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the butter and stir in the flour to coat everything. Slowly stir in the wine, chicken stock, heavy cream, and sherry and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer until the sauce has slightly thickened, about 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the peas, tarragon, and lemon zest. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Place six 4-ounce ramekins on a sheet tray. Cut six 3-inch rounds of puff pastry to fit the tops of the ramekins. Ladle the pot pie mixture to the top of each ramekin and top with a round of puff pastry. Brush each pastry with the egg wash and place in the oven to bake until golden brown and puffed on top, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to set for 5 minutes before serving.
- Tip: Assemble the ramekins in advance with the chicken mixture and store in the refrigerator covered with plastic wrap. Before serving, remove from the refrigerator, top with a puff pastry round and bake.
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa