Mini Roasted Vegetable Cheese Balls
Put those leftover roasted veggies to good use!
- step-by-step directions
For the Cheese Balls:
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup goat cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup leftover Fall Roasted Vegetable Medley - http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/fall-roasted-vegetable-medley-clinton-kelly (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds (finely chopped)
- 16 pretzel sticks
- cooking spray (to coat hands)
For the Pecans:
- 1/2 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- For the Cheese Ball: Line a sheet tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix together the cream cheese, goat cheese, roasted vegetables, cranberries and pomegranate seeds. Season with salt and pepper. Using a teaspoon, scoop cheese mixture into 1/2-inch balls and form the balls around the bottom of the pretzel sticks. Place on the prepared sheet tray.
- To Toast the Pecans: In a small saute pan over medium-low heat, add the pecans and butter stirring, as the butter melts. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until nuts are golden brown and toasted, about 5 minutes.
- To Assemble: Dip the bottom of each cheese ball lightly in the chopped nuts. Repeat with the rest of the cheese balls. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Tip: Get creative! Add your favorite dried fruits and nuts to give this holiday treat your own personal touch!
Similar categories: Christmas Appetizers
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa