Mint Cantaloupe Slushie
A tasty slushie for the whole fam!
- step-by-step directions
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
Mint Cantaloupe Slushie:
- 1 cup cantaloupe (peeled and cubed, plus more for garnish)
- 1 cup coconut water
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup (recipe above)
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger (peeled, freshly grated)
- 1 cup ice
- 4-5 mint leaves (to serve)
- For the Simple Syrup: In a small sauce pan over medium add the water and granulated sugar. Simmer until sugar dissolves, remove from heat, and set aside.
- For the Mint Cantaloupe Slushie: Lay cubed cantaloupe evenly on sheet tray or in a zip-top and freeze, about 1 hour. Remove from freezer and let thaw slightly, about 5 minutes. In the carafe of a blender add the frozen cantaloupe, coconut water, simple syrup, lime juice, ginger, and ice. Blend until smooth and divide mixture evenly between 2 glasses.
- Use a melon baller to scoop out 3 melon rounds. Using a wooden cocktail skewer, add 2 melon balls, then mint leaf, and then last melon ball and garnish propped on the rim of each glass, and serve.
- Tip: Use watermelon instead of cantaloupe for a tasty twist!
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa