Jazz up your lemonade this summer by adding some fresh mint!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 cups water (divided)
- 1 packed cup mint leaves (roughly chopped or torn)
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 sprigs mint
- In a saucepan combine the sugar and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil and whisk until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and add the mint. Let the simple syrup cool completely, about 30 minutes. Strain out the mint.
- To a pitcher, add the lemon juice and stir in the simple syrup and remaining 4 cups of water.
- Add the mint sprigs and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Serve over ice.
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa