Mom's Sour Cream Coffee Cake
One of the best coffee cakes ever!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups pecans (chopped)
- powdered sugar (to garnish)
- For the Cake: Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a bundt pan with butter and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add baking powder, baking soda, and flour. Whisk to combine, and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add butter and sugar. Cream until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Add eggs, sour cream, and vanilla, mix until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir until fully combined. Set aside.
- For the Filling: In a medium bowl, add sugar, cinnamon, and chopped pecans. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- To assemble: Add a third of the cake batter into the bundt pan, followed by a third of the filling. Repeat with remaining batter and filling, creating three layers of both.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 90 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Invert pan over a serving platter and gently remove pan.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, slice and serve.
- Tip: Wrap individual slices in plastic wrap and freeze for a quick and easy breakfast!
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa