Add a dollop of this savory jam to your omelette, or serve alongside a grilled cheese sandwich. The rich flavors of the jam will add depth to your dish.
- step-by-step directions
- Olive Oil
- 2 large Red Onions (sliced thinly)
- 2 Fresno Chilis (sliced thinly)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 cups Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan over medium-high heat, add about 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the onion and fresno chilis and season with salt and pepper.
- After the onions are wilted and soft (about 10 minutes), add the orange juice and sugar. Cook at a bubbling simmer, stirring often, until the orange juice has completely reduced and the onions are sweet and soft.
- Let cool completely and store in a jar in the fridge.
rate this recipe
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat