Classics are timeless for a reason, they're crazy tasty and Michael's gravy is as classic as it gets!
- step-by-step directions
- 4 tablespoons Drippings
- 4 tablespoons Flour
- 3 cups Turkey Stock
- 1/2 cup Reserved Ancho Chili Water (from Ancho-Chili Maple Turkey)
- 1 tablespoon Thyme Leaves
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Place your roasting pan with pan drippings over 2 burners on medium-high heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 2 minutes, until the flour flavor is cooked out and it turns a light golden color. Add in the turkey stock and reserved ancho chili water while continuously whisking. Add the bundle of thyme and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove the thyme bundle, check for seasoning then strain and serve.
- Yields 3 cups of gravy.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove any large burnt pieces from the bottom of the roasting pan and discard.
- Use equal parts of fat and flour.
- Slowly add your stock to eliminate lumps.
rate this recipe
Strawberry, Vanilla, and Cookie Dough Milkshake
Peanut Butter Espresso Milkshake
Amaretto and Chocolate Chip Milkshake
Pepper Steak with Broccoli Stem Salad
Grilling Three Ways
Cajun Scallops with Grits and Tomatoes
Classic, Dry, Extra Dry or Extra Extra Dry Martini
Giant Donut Cake
Corn Fritters with Spicy Honey
Cantaloupe Agua Fresca