PASTA E FAGIOLE
An Italian favorite...Pasta E Fagiole!
- step-by-step directions
PASTA E FAGIOLE
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion (peeled, finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup parsley (finely chopped, divided)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 cups vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 3 cups borlotti beans or kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups broken fettuccine
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (grated)
- rustic Italian loaf (toasted, to serve)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, onion, and 1/4 cup parsley and cook for 8-10 minutes until the onion is browned and softened. Stir in tomato paste, reduce heat to medium and cook for 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add vegetable stock and half of the beans. Mash beans using a potato masher. Add remaining half of beans to the pot and bring to a simmer. Allow to cook for 30 minutes. Add the pasta and cook for another 10 minutes, season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining parsley.
- Serve with grated parmesan on top and toasted crusty Italian bread.
- Tip: Cook tomato paste for 1-2 minutes after adding to get rid of the bitter flavor.
Similar categories: Gluten-Free
rate this recipe
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa
Turkey Chili Burger