Pastrami-Spiced Pork Crown Roast
Want to impress your guests? Try out Michael's Pastrami-Spiced Pork Crown Roast!
- step-by-step directions
- 1/2 cup Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup celery seed
- 1/4 cup ground coriander (toasted)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons paprika
Pork Crown Roast:
- 10-12 pounds crown pork roast (bones frenched, membrane between rib bones slit, tied)
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- For the Pastrami Rub: In a small bowl, add the salt, pepper, celery seed, coriander, garlic powder, mustard seeds, and paprika and mix to combine.
- For the Pork Crown Roast: Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- Dry the roast with paper towels and then rub with the mustard.
- Rub the roast with the pastrami rub mixture and drizzle with olive oil. Place in a roasting pan in the shape of a circle, so that the two ends meet and the thick part of the rack faces in towards the center. Cover the bones with foil. Place in the oven and roast the pork until it begins to brown, about 20 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350ºF and cook for another 1 1/2 hours, until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest spot of the roast registers 140ºF-145ºF. Remove to a cutting board and allow it to rest for 15-20 minutes. Pour reserved pan drippings over the roast. Slice and serve.
- Tip: Use your favorite spices to rub on the roast!
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa