Chicken & Waffles
Whip up Paula Deen's specialty breakfast for your family today!
- step-by-step directions
Chicken & Waffles
- peanut oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders (boneless, skinless)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Panko
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (24 ounces) package Paula Deen's Biscuit Mix
- real maple syrup or hot sauce, for serving
- Heat oil to 350°F in a deep fryer.
- Season the chicken tenders on both sides with salt and pepper. Whisk flour and garlic powder together in a medium casserole dish. Add buttermilk to a second casserole dish, and the panko to a third casserole dish.
- Dredge the seasoned tenders through the flour, the buttermilk, and then the panko. Add chicken to the deep fryer and fry for 4 minutes, until golden brown and crisp, and an instant read thermometer reads 165 degrees. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Prepare waffle batter as directed on the back of packaging. Cook the waffles according to the directions for your waffle iron. Usually it will take 4 to 6 minutes for the waffles to turn golden and the waffle iron to stop releasing steam, which indicates that they're done.
- Serve waffles topped with the fried chicken. Serve with hot sauce and maple syrup.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chicken & Poultry Fried Chicken Courses & Meals Breakfast & Brunch Waffles, Pancakes & French Toast Cuisine Southern
rate this recipe
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat