Peanut Butter Banana Bacon Ice Box Cake
A dessert fit for the King of Rock and Roll!
- step-by-step directions
- 3 cups heavy cream (chilled)
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cups creamy peanut butter
- 4 bananas (peeled, chopped)
- vanilla wafer cookies
- store-bought chocolate syrup (to drizzle)
- 1 recipe candied bacon (below, to top)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound bacon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- For the Ice-Box Cake: Line the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan with plastic wrap leaving some overhang and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, add the heavy cream, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Add in the peanut butter and beat until medium peaks form. In a large bowl gently fold in to the whipped cream the chopped bananas in batches until completely combined. Set aside.
- In the prepared springform pan, add a layer of vanilla wafers dome-side up. Add 1/3 of the whipped cream mixture and spread evenly with a rubber spatula. Add another layer of vanilla wafers but this time dome-side down. Repeat this method, alternating with the wafers and whipped cream, ending with the whipped cream. Wrap the cake with the plastic wrap overhang and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight to let the wafers soften.
- For the Candied Bacon: Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Place a baking rack inside of a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, add the maple syrup and cayenne pepper and stir to combine. Arrange bacon on prepared baking sheet and brush the bacon with maple syrup mixture. Sprinkle brown sugar on the bacon and cook in the oven until the sugar has melted and the bacon is crispy, about 15-20 minutes. Allow bacon to cool, roughly chop and set aside.
- To Serve: Remove cake from refrigerator, unwrap plastic wrap, and release the springform pan ring. To serve drizzle with chocolate syrup and sprinkle with candied bacon.
- Tip: Use any leftover candied bacon in a cocktail or mixed into a cookie or cake batter for a salty-sweet surprise!
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa