Carla Hall's Pecan Pie recipe will be an absolute must for your Thanksgiving table!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 recipe Carla's Perfect Pie Crust (http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/carla-hall-pie-crust)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 cup pecans (toasted)
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream (to serve)
- For the Pie Crust: Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line baking sheet with foil.
- Using one disk of dough, roll out to 1/8-inch thickness and lay into a 9-inch pie plate, allowing excess to drape over the edge. Then trim any excess dough and discard. Fold dough under edges and crimp. Transfer to the freezer for 30 minutes until chilled.
- For the Filling: In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar. Add the beaten eggs, vinegar, salt, vanilla, and corn syrup, and mix to combine. Gently stir in the pecans.
- Pour the filling into the frozen pie crust. Place the pie on a baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake on the center rack until the pie is set, about 50-60 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Slice pie and serve with ice cream.
- Tip: Toast your pecans in a dry saute pan until aromatic, about 5-6 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
Similar categories: Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Desserts Desserts Christmas Desserts Pies & Tarts Other Cocktails
rate this recipe
Grilling Three Ways
Classic, Dry, Extra Dry or Extra Extra Dry Martini
Cajun Scallops with Grits and Tomatoes
Giant Donut Cake
Corn Fritters with Spicy Honey
30 Layer Rainbow Crepe Cake
Cantaloupe Agua Fresca
Craig T. Nelson's Chicken Burritos
Pan-Roasted Ribeye with Radishes
Grilled Hot dog with Corn Relish and Pickled Red Onion
Summertime Ambrosia Salad