Peking Pork Chops With Velvet Marinade
This dish is so tasty and filled with flavor!
- step-by-step directions
- 10 eggs (beaten)
- 1 1/2 cups cornstarch
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (seasoned with salt & pepper, plus 1/2 gallon additional oil to fry)
- 2-3 pounds 1/4-inch thinly sliced pork chops
- 2/3 cup steak sauce (5 ounces)
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire (2.5 ounces)
- 3/4 cup Chinese Red Vinegar (7 ounces)
- 1/3 cup Chinkiang Vinegar (3 ounces)
- 2 cups sugar (15 ounces)
- scallion (julienned)
- ginger (peeled, julienned)
- In a medium bowl add the eggs, cornstarch, white wine, baking soda and vegetable oil and whisk to combine. Add the pork and allow to marinate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a medium saucepan add the steak sauce, Worcestershire, vinegars, and sugar. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and allow to cook until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove the sauce to a wok and heat over medium heat until bubbling.
- Preheat vegetable oil in a deep skillet or wok until 360ºF. Remove the pork chops from the marinade and place in the oil. Allow to fry until golden brown and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from the oil and transfer to the sauce. Toss to coat then remove and serve garnished with scallion and ginger.
- Tip: If you don't have a wok, use a heavy bottomed saute pan or skillet.
rate this recipe
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa
Turkey Chili Burger