These cookies are a delicious holiday treat!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons rum
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, cinnamon, allspice, black pepper, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom and baking soda and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add the butter and sugar and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add molasses, egg, vanilla and rum and mix to combine.
- Turn the mixture to low speed, add the flour and beat until combined. Form the dough into tablespoons, shape into balls and place on baking sheet. Bake until cookies are golden brown and slightly cracked, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven to a wire rack to cool. Dust with confectioners sugar using a sifter.
- Helpful Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks!
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Desserts Cookies Holidays & Occasions Christmas Christmas Cookies
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa