A tasty addition for spring!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 pound ramps (root ends trimmed, dark green leaves and bulbs separated, leaves saved for another use)
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- In a heat-safe glass jar, pack ramps as tightly as possible and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add white wine vinegar, rice wine vinegar, water, salt and sugar. Whisk to combine and bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook, whisking occasionally until sugar has dissolved, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour hot liquid over ramps and allow to come to room temperature, uncovered.
- Once ramp mixture has cooled, cover and refrigerate for to 1 month.
- Tip: Use this recipe as a base to pickle your favorite vegetables, like red onions or peppers!
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa