A winner of a dish from two of our favorites!
- step-by-step directions
- 8 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 2 pineapples
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 6- ounce salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons seafood seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon Mexican-style pollo seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup store-bought teriyaki sauce (divided, plus extra for finishing)
- 1/3 cup pineapple-ginger marinade
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 pound large shrimp (peeled, deveined, tails on)
- 1/4 cup store-bought sweet chili sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 cup green onions (chopped)
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds
- store-bought chili sauce
- Preheat oven to broil. Preheat a grill pan to medium-high heat. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Prepare jasmine rice according to package directions and set aside.
- Cut pineapples in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out flesh, leaving a 1-inch border of flesh around each pineapple half. Transfer flesh to cutting board and chop into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- For the Salmon: In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Remove from heat. Place salmon on prepared baking sheet and brush with melted butter. Season with dried parsley, seafood seasoning, and cajun seasoning. Place in oven and broil until salmon is firm and crispy, about 15 minutes. Remove from pan and transfer to cutting board. Cut salmon into small chunks and set aside.
- For the Chicken: In a large bowl, add onion powder, pepper, Mexican-style pollo seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, 1/3 cup of teriyaki sauce, and pineapple-ginger marinade. Whisk to combine, add chicken to marinade mixture and toss to ensure the chicken is fully coated.
- Transfer chicken to grill pan and grill turning halfway through until fully cooked, about 5 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to cutting board and chop into medium-sized pieces. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add chicken along with remaining 1/3 cup of teriyaki sauce and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and set aside.
- For the Shrimp: In a medium saute pan over medium heat, add butter, shrimp, sweet chili sauce, pepper, and seafood seasoning. Toss to combine. Stirring frequently, cook until shrimp are opaque, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To Assemble: Scoop 2 cups of rice into each pineapple bowl. Divide chicken, salmon, and shrimp evenly amongst the pineapple bowls, placing on top of the rice. Drizzle each bowl with teriyaki sauce and chili sauce. Garnish with chopped pineapple, green onions, and sesame seeds.
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa