A cool and tasty drink.
- step-by-step directions
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 small pineapple (top removed, skin removed, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 large cucumbers (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger (peeled, small dice)
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 1 (750ml) bottle blanco tequila
- 8 cups ice
- seltzer (to top)
- cucumber (peeled into ribbons lengthwise, for garnish)
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add sugar and water, and bring to a boil stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a blender of a food processor, add the pineapple, cucumber, and ginger. Puree until smooth, about 1-2 minutes, and strain through a mesh strainer into a pitcher, and discard the scraps. Add simple syrup, lime juice, and tequila mix to combine.
- Fill each glass with 1 cup of ice, and pour pineapple mixture evenly among the glasses, and top with seltzer.
- Take a cucumber and using a peeler, thinly peel the cucumber lengthwise to create ribbons. Take a toothpick and carefully weave the cucumber through the toothpick. Add cucumber garnish to each cocktail and serve.
- Tip: Substitute the tequila for your favorite clear liquor like vodka, gin, or white rum!
rate this recipe
Chaufa: Peruvian Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng)
Greek and Italian-Inspired Stuffed Peppers
Skillet-Roasted Lemon Chicken
Asian-Stuffed Mushrooms with Thai Peanut Butter Sauce
Jerk Chicken Skewers
Sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresco with Basil Simple Syrup
Strawberry Lemonade Cake
Strawberry, Vanilla, and Cookie Dough Milkshake
Amaretto and Chocolate Chip Milkshake
Pepper Steak with Broccoli Stem Salad