A delicious dessert that will leave you wanting more!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 1/2 cups pistachios (shelled)
- 2 pints high quality vanilla bean ice cream
- 6 brandied cherries
- 20 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Place pistachios on a baking sheet. Bake in oven for 5-7 minutes, until fragrant and toasted. Allow to cool. In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment, add the pistachios and pulse until finely ground.
- Tear off 6 large pieces of plastic wrap before scooping ice cream and set nearby. Using a 1/2 cup sized ice cream scoop and working quickly, scoop 1 ball of ice cream and place onto one sheet of plastic wrap. Using your finger, push one cherry into the center of the ball of ice cream. Seal the cherry inside the ice cream ball by pushing the ice cream inwards to cover the hole. Roll tightly in plastic wrap, twisting both sides, ensuring the ice cream remains in a ball. Repeat with remaining 5 balls. Place in freezer for 4 hours or overnight.
- To Assemble: Place a piece of wax paper on a baking sheet.
- Fill a small pot with 1-inch of water and bring to a simmer. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over the pot. Stir continuously until chocolate has melted, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vegetable oil. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- While the chocolate is cooling, roll the ice cream balls in pistachios, covering them completely. Place in freezer for 30 minutes. Remove from the freezer, and using 2 spoons, quickly dip each ball into melted chocolate and place onto prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with pistachios. Repeat with remaining ice cream balls and hold in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Tip: The tartufo can be made up to 1 week in advance.
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa