Pomegranate Ginger Soda with Mint
A tasty mocktail!
- step-by-step directions
Ginger Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 pound ginger (peeled, cut into 1/4-inch slices)
Pomegranate Ginger Soda with Mint:
- 2 tablespoons ginger simple syrup (recipe above)
- 6 large fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 lime (sliced into 1/4-inch rounds)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- club soda (to top off)
- For the Ginger Simple Syrup: In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together the sugar, water and ginger slices. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved and the ginger has infused, about 15-20 minutes. Strain the ginger from the syrup and discard or reserve for another use.
- For the Pomegranate Ginger Soda with Mint: Fill a tall glass with ice and set aside.
- In the bottom of a cocktail shaker, muddle together the ginger syrup, mint leaves, and 1 lime round. Add the pomegranate juice and fill with ice. Shake vigorously for 20 seconds and pour mixture into glass. Top with club soda and garnish with a lime round and serve.
- Tip: Add 2 ounces of your favorite liquor for an adult version of this soda!
Similar categories: Holidays & Occasions
rate this recipe
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa
Turkey Chili Burger