Quick Tomato Sauce
Not a ton of time on your hands? Clinton's sauce is the way to go!
- step-by-step directions
Classic Tomato Sauce
- 2 pounds fully ripened plum tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion peeled, halved)
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese(grated, to garnish)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Drop the spaghetti into the water and cook according to the package instructions.
- In a large heavy bottomed saute pan over medium-high heat, melt the butterl. Add the onion halves and garlic, stirring to combine. Season with salt to taste. Cook until until the onions are translucent, about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes with their juices, breaking them up with a wooden spoon. Add the red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 8 more minutes, allowing the sauce to reduce slightly.
- Add the pasta to sauce, along with 1/4 cup of pasta water, and basil leaves and toss to combine. Serve warm and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Tip: Freeze the tomato sauce in an ice cube tray so you always have a desired amount of tomato sauce at the ready!
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa