Quinoa and Shrimp Medley
Camilia Alves brought a dish you'll be saving forever!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 teaspoon bouillon powder (vegetable or seafood flavor)
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese (grated)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 pound shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 can artichoke hearts (drained and roughly chopped)
- 4 ounces spinach
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- 4 lemon wedges (to serve)
- For Quinoa: In a medium pot, add water, bouillon powder and bring to a boil. Add quinoa and cook according to package directions, approximately, 15 minutes. Add the 2 ounces of Parmesan cheese and mix together.
- For Shrimp Medley: In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat and add garlic and onion. Cook until onions are translucent; add shrimp, lemon zest and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Saute until shrimp are cooked through. Add the artichoke hearts and cook for a few more minutes. Turn heat off and add spinach. Season with salt and pepper and toss.
- Place desired amount of quinoa on the bottom of each individual plate, add shrimp medley on top and serve with a wedge of lemon. Enjoy!
- Tip: This dish pairs well with shrimp as well as with chicken or a white fish!
rate this recipe
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs