Red Velvet Cannoli Cake
A delicious cake for any occasion!
- step-by-step directions
- cooking spray (to grease)
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups cake flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 Pint Blueberries
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, add butter and sugar and beat until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and blend until incorporated.
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt and stir to combine. With the standing mixer on low, add a small amount of the flour mixture and alternate with milk until all of the flour mixture and milk has been incorporated.
- In a large bowl, add cocoa powder, food coloring, vanilla extract, and a few drops of water and whisk to combine. Add cocoa mixture to the cake batter and mix on medium speed until combined. Remove mixture to the cake pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool completely, about 15 - 20 minutes. Cut the cake evenly in half, creating two layers.
- In a large bowl, add ricotta, sugar, and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Using an offset spatula, spread the cannoli mixture on the bottom half of the cake and fit the top back onto the cake. Spread a thin layer of the filling around the sides. Cut and serve.
- Tip: Use your favorite cake base for the cannoli cream frosting! Try chocolate or even pistachio cake! Garnish with your favorite cannoli toppings.
rate this recipe
Grilling Three Ways
Classic, Dry, Extra Dry or Extra Extra Dry Martini
Cajun Scallops with Grits and Tomatoes
Giant Donut Cake
Corn Fritters with Spicy Honey
30 Layer Rainbow Crepe Cake
Cantaloupe Agua Fresca
Craig T. Nelson's Chicken Burritos
Pan-Roasted Ribeye with Radishes
Grilled Hot dog with Corn Relish and Pickled Red Onion
Summertime Ambrosia Salad