Red Wine Salted Popcorn
A tasty spin on a Scandalous treat!
- step-by-step directions
For the red wine salt:
- 1/2 bottle red wine
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup flaky sea salt
For the Popcorn:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels (popped in an air-popper)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside until ready to use.
- For the red wine salt: In a small saucepot add the wine and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the wine is thickened and measures about 1 tablespoon of liquid. Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature.
- To the cooled liquid add ½ cup of the salt and stir to combine. If there is additional red wine liquid remaining add the rest of the sea salt. Spread out onto the prepared baking sheet in a thin layer and let dry overnight. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- For the popcorn: In a medium sauce pot over medium heat add the coconut oil and melt. Place one popcorn kernel in the pop and wait for it to pop. Remove and add in the remaining popcorn kernels and cook until all the kernels have popped. Transfer to a serving bowl, drizzle with melted butter and sprinkle with the red wine sea salt and serve!
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa