Reuben-Style Stuffed Bread
- step-by-step directions
Reuben Style Stuffed Bread:
- 1 (2 pound) frozen brioche dough (or pizza dough, thawed according to package instructions)
- 1 and 3/4 cups sauerkraut
- 1 pound corned beef (thinly sliced)
- 3/4 pound Swiss cheese (thinly sliced)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- flaky sea salt (to taste)
Thousand Island Dressing:
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 and 3/4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 and 3/4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 3 tablespoons yellow onion (peeled, finely grated)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled, finely grated)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, lightly grease with olive oil and set aside.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and smear over the top. Cover with a damp towel and place in a warm area. Set aside and allow the dough to rise until it doubles in size.
- Line a medium bowl with cheesecloth and add sauerkraut. Bring the edges of the cheesecloth together and gently squeeze saurekraut of excess liquid. Discard liquid, transfer saurekraut to a bowl and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out brioche dough into a 11x13-inch rectangle. Spread corned beef evenly across dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Shingle cheese slices evenly over the corned beef to cover. Sprinkle sauerkraut evenly over the top of the cheese.
- Working from the short end of the rectangle, roll into a log, jelly-roll style. Place on the prepared baking sheet, seam-side down. Pinch the ends together to seal the filling, and tuck underneath.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water.
- Brush the outside of the log with prepared egg wash and sprinkle evenly with caraway seeds, and flaky sea salt. Place in oven and bake until golden brown, about 45-50 minutes. If necessary cover with foil half way through to prevent over browning. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly for 2-3 minutes.
- To Serve:
- Slice and serve with Thousand Island Dressing.
- For the Thousand Island Dressing: In a small bowl, add mayonnaise, ketchup, white vinegar, Worcestershire, relish, onion, garlic and season with salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Tip: If avoiding sauerkraut, substitute with caramelized onions for a tasty twist!
rate this recipe
Pan-Roasted Ribeye with Radishes
Grilled Hot dog with Corn Relish and Pickled Red Onion
Summertime Ambrosia Salad
Baked Brie Bread
Grilled Pork Medallions with Plum Sauce
Grilled Peach Frozen Yogurt Sundae
Pina Colada Pie
Cajun Salmon with Red Beans and Rice
Pork Medallions with Marsala Pan Sauce
Sheet Pan Greek Chicken Salad
Chocolate Pancake Roll