Rich Chocolate Bundt Cake with Toasted Almonds
Can't get much better than this!
- step-by-step directions
For the Cake:
- 1 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted, for greasing)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (plus additional for dusting)
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
For the Glaze:
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/4 cup bittersweet chocolate (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon crunchy sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375º. Brush a bundt pan with the melted butter then dust with cocoa powder, tapping out any excess.
- For the Cake: In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt and whisk to combine. Then add the sugar, brown sugar and instant coffee. In a separate large bowl, add the sour cream, water, vanilla extract, vegetable oil and eggs, whisking to combine. Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir with a rubber spatula to combine until smooth.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Allow to cool completely, then invert the cake onto a plate.
- For the Glaze: In a medium saucepan over medium heat add the condensed milk and bring just to a simmer. Remove from the heat and whisk in the chocolate until fully melted. Stir in the vanilla.
- Once the cake is completely cool, drizzle the glaze over, letting it drip down the sides. Garnish with the toasted almonds and sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
- To Toast the Almonds: In a small dry saute pan over medium heat, add the almonds. Toast until light golden brown and fragrant, remove from heat and allow to cool in a small bowl.
- Tip: If you love toasted almonds, toast a large batch in the oven for 5-10 minutes at 400ºF and freeze so you always have them on hand!
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa