Roasted Rack of Pork with Cherry Bourbon Sauce
Winner of a dish!
- step-by-step directions
Roasted Rack of Pork:
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander (toasted)
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin (toasted)
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 pounds rack of pork (center cut, rack of bones removed to use as a roasting rack)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Cherry Bourbon Sauce:
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1 orange (juiced, 2 peels reserved)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 cups fresh cherries (pitted)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the Roasted Rack of Pork: Preheat your oven 450ºF. Place the rack of bones in a roasting pan to serve as the rack.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together coriander, cumin, salt and black pepper. Season both pork and rack with spice mixture and place on top of the bones, drizzle with olive oil. Roast until the pork is golden brown, about 10-15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 275ºF and roast for an additional 40-45 minutes, until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 140ºF. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- For the Cherry Bourbon Sauce: In a small sauce pot over medium heat, combine the bourbon, orange juice and peels, vinegar, and sugar and cook until the mixture has reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Add the cherries and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until cherries soften and sauce thickens, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat, discard the orange peels and stir in the butter. Season again with salt and pepper, if necessary and set aside.
- Slice the pork rack into chops and spoon the cherry bourbon sauce on top and around each chop. Finish the pork with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Tip: Get creative! Try this bourbon sauce with your favorite stone fruit, like peaches or plums!
rate this recipe
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa
Turkey Chili Burger
Crispy Beet Sliders