Roasted Tomato Dip
This Roasted Tomato Dip is a great appetizer for any occasion!
- step-by-step directions
Roasted Tomato Dip
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 6 cloves garlic (peeled, smashed)
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano (leaves torn)
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme (leaves torn)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 baguettes (sliced and lightly toasted)
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, toss together the tomatoes, garlic, oregano, thyme, 1/4 cup olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread out evenly onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until tomatoes are slightly charred. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese and stir in the mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Add the roasted tomato mixture to the cream cheese. Stir to evenly distributed the tomatoes. Transfer to a 6-inch cast iron skillet. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving with toasted bread.
- Tip: If hosting a party, use two 6-inch cast iron skillets and divide the dip between the two. Keep the second dip warm in a 200ºF oven to replace halfway through the party!
Similar categories: Thanksgiving Sides Dips and Spreads Cheese Appetizers Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Vegetables Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Dips and Spreads Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Dips and Spreads
rate this recipe
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa
Turkey Chili Burger
Crispy Beet Sliders