Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
- step-by-step directions
Rosé Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
- 4 liters Rosé wine
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled, thinly sliced)
- 1 yellow squash (stemmed, halved, cut into 1/4-inch slices)
- 1 zucchini (stemmed, halved, cut into 1/4-inch slices)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (freshly grated, to garnish, plus rind)
- 1 cup fresh basil (leaves only, thinly sliced)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add rose wine and water. Generously salt the wine mixture, as you would a pot of pasta water, and bring to a boil.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, warm olive oil. Add the garlic cloves and cook for 1 minute. Add the yellow squash, and zucchini. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until squash and zucchini soften and about 4-5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the spaghetti to the rose and cook 2 minutes less than package instructions direct. Strain and add the pasta to the sauce, along with 1/4 cup of pasta wine. Add basil and Parmigiano-Reggiano, tossing to combine, and serve!
- Tip: For a cheesy pasta bake, just stir in some mozzarella cheese, substitute penne pasta and bake in a casserole dish.
rate this recipe
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa
Turkey Chili Burger
Crispy Beet Sliders
Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Burger