Salmon with Chimichurri Sauce and Cauliflower Mash
Marcel's Salmon is a sure-fire favorite!
- step-by-step directions
- 2-4 cloves garlic (peeled, to taste)
- 1/2 sweet onion (peeled, roughly chopped)
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley (firmly packed)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (firmly packed)
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano (leaves only)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (optional)
- 1 and 1/4 cups mild olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Salmon :
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 (8-ounce) skinless salmon filets
- 1 recipe chimichurri sauce
- 2 heads cauliflower (leaves removed, cut into florets)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped, to garnish)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (to garnish)
- For the Chimichurri Sauce: In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment, add garlic, onion, parsley, cilantro, oregano, red pepper flakes, vinegar, lime juice and salt and pepper and pulse until finely chopped.
- With the processor on low speed, slowly stream in olive oil until fully incorporated and mixture has thickened.
- Remove to a medium bowl and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- For the Salmon: Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- In a large saute pan, over medium-high heat, add olive oil and warm through. Place salmon top side down and sear until halfway cooked through. Flip and transfer to oven for 8-10 minutes or until desired doneness has been reached.
- Transfer salmon to a serving platter and garnish with chimichurri sauce over the top. Serve with cauliflower mash.
- For the Cauliflower Mash: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower and cook until tender about 10-12 minutes. Drain cauliflower and return to pot over medium heat. Add butter, half and half and stir to coat. Using a hand held blender, blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Garnish with chopped parsley and a sprig of rosemary. Serve hot.
- Tip: Use any leftover chimichurri sauce drizzled over some grilled skirt steak!
rate this recipe
Pan-Roasted Ribeye with Radishes
Grilled Hot dog with Corn Relish and Pickled Red Onion
Summertime Ambrosia Salad
Baked Brie Bread
Grilled Pork Medallions with Plum Sauce
Grilled Peach Frozen Yogurt Sundae
Pina Colada Pie
Cajun Salmon with Red Beans and Rice
Pork Medallions with Marsala Pan Sauce
Sheet Pan Greek Chicken Salad
Chocolate Pancake Roll