Clinton's Shaved Carrot Salad is all kinds of simple!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots (rinsed, peeled)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 limes (zested, juiced)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 shallot (peeled, minced)
- 1 fresno pepper (seeded, thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup mint (leaves only, torn)
- 1/4 cup pistachios (toasted)
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the carrots into long ribbons and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the honey, lime zest and juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the shallot and fresno pepper. Fold in the carrots and mint and top with the chopped toasted pistachios.
- To Toast Pistachios: In a medium sized skillet over medium-low heat spread pistachios in an even layer and toss occasionally for 5-6 minutes until golden brown and fragrant. Allow to cool and roughly chop.
- Tip: If your local market doesn't carry fresno peppers, substitute with jalapenos!
rate this recipe
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa
Turkey Chili Burger
Crispy Beet Sliders