The ultimate puffy comfort breakfast food
- step-by-step directions
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 cup Half and half
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- Pinch Salt
- 1 Vanilla Bean (split and scraped) OR 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Egg Whites
- Powdered Sugar for garnish
- Maple Syrup for garnish
- Whisk together the Yolks and Half and Half until thoroughly combined. Gently mix in the Flour followed by the Melted Butter, Sugar, Salt and the seeds from the Vanilla Bean. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the Egg Whites until loose peaks form.
- Gently fold the Egg Whites in to the Egg Yolk mixture until everything is fully combined but not deflated.
- Lightly grease a 10-inch nonstick or cast iron skillet. Over medium heat, ladle a spoonful of batter into the pan and cook until bubbles begin to form on the top side, about a minute, and then flip and cook until fully set on the second side. Transfer to a plate, and loosely tent with foil to keep warm.
- Drizzle with Maple Syrup and garnish with Powdered Sugar, serve immediately.
rate this recipe
Asian-Stuffed Mushrooms with Thai Peanut Butter Sauce
Jerk Chicken Skewers
Sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresco with Basil Simple Syrup
Strawberry Lemonade Cake
Strawberry, Vanilla, and Cookie Dough Milkshake
Amaretto and Chocolate Chip Milkshake
Pepper Steak with Broccoli Stem Salad
Peanut Butter Espresso Milkshake
Grilling Three Ways
Cajun Scallops with Grits and Tomatoes
Classic, Dry, Extra Dry or Extra Extra Dry Martini